Monday, October 1, 2012

How to Report Your Blogging

The weekly blogging requirements are to write at least one original post, relevant to the content of the course, and to write comments on at least 5 posts by others.

The deadline for reporting your blogging activity for the week is 11:59 PM Sunday night.  Since I got confused and thought I'd already sent you the instructions, but didn't, you have an extra 24 hours, and your first email is due on Tuesday Oct. 2 at 11:59 PM.  

You document what you've done for your records and mine by sending me an email with the unique URLS of the posts and comments you've written.

Here's how to do that.

For your original post:
  • From the main page of the blog, click on the title of your post.
  • That will take you to the individual page for the post.
  • Copy the URL from the address bar and paste it in a message.
  • As an example, here is the URL for the very first post on the blog (which I wrote) in the previous rotation: http://mus130b2012.blogspot.com/2012/09/welcome-comment-required.html.
For your comments:
  • From the main page of the blog, click on the title of the post on which you wrote a comment.  You can also click on the "[X] comments" link to the left of the original poster's name at the bottom of the post.
  • That will take you to the individual page for the post.
  • Next to your name, there is a time and date stamp.  Click on that, and a URL that leads directly to your comment will appear in the address bar.
  • For example, when I clicked on the time/date stamp on Crystal's comment on that first post, this URL appeared: http://mus130b2012.blogspot.com/2012/09/welcome-comment-required.html?showComment=1347299733280#c3394461223297842858.  You'll see that if you click on that, it takes you write to her comment.  
Email format:

This is important, because if you use this format it makes it easy for me to find your email later in the semester.
  • Write from your @depauw.edu account, not a personal account.
  • Make the subject "[Your Name] Blogging Week Ending [Date]"
In the body of the email, write:
  • "My original post: [URL]"
  • "My comments: [list each URL on a separate line]
So it would look like this (using my previous posts and comments as examples):
Subject: Eric Edberg Blogging Week Ending 9/16/2012
My original posts:
My comments (these are from my "homeroom" section):
Remember, there should be 1 original post by you and 5 comments on posts by other people. The total of 5 includes the "comment required" posts by me.  

I hope that's clear!  There is often some confusion the first time these are due.

1 comment:

  1. Just wondering, do we go back and comment on old post is we don't have enough posts to comment on in one week?

    ReplyDelete